New NIBSC reference materials available
These include the first WHO international standards for Lassa Fever VirusV RNA and SARS-CoV-2 antibody, and gut microbiome analysis.
New and replacement standards are available across:
- Blood Transfusion and Transplantation (anti-HNA-3a antibody)
- Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus monoclonal antibody reagents
- Emerging viruses such as Lassa Fever virus, and SARS-CoV-2
- Influenza viruses, antigens and antiserum
- Microbiome reference reagents
- Pneumococcal monoclonal antibody reagents
We have developed a whole cell reference reagent, NIBSC WC-Gut-RR (22/212), consisting of an even mix of twenty strains representing common microbiota of the gut, to minimise the bias introduced during the DNA extraction process and to increase confidence in reported results.
This reagent complements the first WHO International Reference Reagents for microbiome analysis by Next-Generation Sequencing, established in 2022. This will help support the harmonisation of results across microbiome methodologies, allowing for reproducibility, comparability, and effective translation of research into the clinic.
Find out more
Find your new reference materials in our catalogue or email@example.com.